WhatsApp is not only very popular among private users. The messenger is also becoming increasingly important in customer communication. To answer customer messages conveniently and efficiently, it is advantageous to use WhatsApp via the desktop. These options are available to you:
- WhatsApp Business in the browser
- WhatsApp Business via the desktop app
- Use via the WhatsApp Business API
Use WhatsApp Business on the desktop
Probably the easiest solution to use the WhatsApp Business app on the desktop is via the browser. WhatsApp Business can be used via common browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. To access WhatsApp Business in the browser, proceed as follows:
- Access the desktop version of WhatsApp https://web.whatsapp.com/
- Open the WhatsApp Business App on your smartphone
- Open Settings and select "Linked Devices" or "WhatsApp Web
- Hold smartphone in front of the screen and scan QR code
You will then be logged in to the browser and can use WhatsApp Business. Please note that the WhatsApp Business app can only be used on two devices at the same time.
WhatsApp Business Desktop App
WhatsApp Business can also be accessed via the desktop app. This is available for both Windows and iOS devices. This is the normal WhatsApp application that is also used for private accounts. This is how you use WhatsApp Business via the app on your PC or laptop:
- Open App Store or Microsoft Store
- Search for "WhatsApp Desktop
- Install WhatsApp Desktop App
- Open WhatsApp Business on your smartphone
- In the settings, select "Linked devices" or "WhatsApp Web
- Scan the QR code on the screen with the smartphone
After scanning the desktop, you can receive and send messages via WhatsApp Business. The desktop app cannot be used with multiple accounts at the same time be used. This means that if you already use the app on your PC for your private account, this is not the best solution.
Use WhatsApp Business via the WhatsApp Business API
WhatsApp Business accounts can be accessed both via the browser and the desktop app. However, as soon as you want to manage the business account across several devices or with several users at the same time, WhatsApp Business reaches its limits. Apart from that, the WhatsApp Business app is not DSGVO-compliant and thus not suitable for communicating with customers.
The optimal solution to use WhatsApp Business on the desktop, with multiple devices and multiple employees is the WhatsApp Business API. The WhatsApp API does not have its own interface and is provided via communication platforms such as Superchat.
The WhatsApp Business API does not access metadata or the address book of your smartphone. After concluding an order processing contract (AV contract), the WhatsApp Business API can be used for communication with customers in a data protection-compliant manner.